2. Adventureland-I always like watching movies in the summer that take place during the summer. I think most people are probably that way, so this statement is nothing original. Anyways, Adventureland is about a dude, played by Jesse Eisenberg, that gets a summer job at an amusement park. It's a love story with a great sense of humor.
3. To Kill a Mockingbird- This is my favorite book, so it only makes sense that I love the movie. If you haven't seen it, you should watch it, although I recommend reading the book first.
4. The Sandlot- I don't really need to tell you that this movie is awesome, do I ? Mischievous kids learning about life through neighborhood baseball games, again, in the summer.
5. Shelter- One of my all-time favorite surf movies. It came out in 2001 and to this day contains some of my favorite surfing and surfers, plus the soundtrack and scenery just make you love life. It is set in remote parts of Australia. Watch the trailer here; available on Amazon.
6. and 7. Batman Begins & The Dark Knight-We're Batman fans who really enjoy Christian Bale as Batman.
8. Fantastic Mr. Fox- This movie is so cute/funny/creative/unique/lovable. It's probably one of my favorite movies.
9. A Broke Down Melody-Another classic surf film from the early 2000s. Beautiful cinematography and an epic soundtrack. You don't even really have to be into surfing to enjoy it (same with Shelter, mentioned above). This film was made by Jack Johnson and is available on Amazon as well.
What are some of your favorite summertime movies?