2. Very water resistant face sunscreen. Vertra is the best brand of face sunscreen I have ever used. If you are out in the water for long periods of time you can't be messing around with low quality sunscreen. I've never gotten a sunburn while wearing Vertra, even surfing in some pretty bright and heavy locations. Plus, it kind of looks like foundation, protecting your skin and making it look good at the same time. I buy it in natural beige, Scott wears white (he's not into the "makeup" effect like I am).
3. Very water resistant body sunscreen. Waterman's is the only brand I will use on my body for surfing. Everything else seems to wash right off even if they claim it's water resistant. It rubs on like glue and stays on like glue. We keep a big pump of it on hand at all times.
4. A fun 2/2mm wetsuit for colder days. If you're lucky you might get to surf/swim in your suit all summer, but I keep a 2/2 mm suit on hand for those cooler mornings. How cute is this one by Roxy?
5. All natural warm water surf wax. I just want to tell you that Pom Pom is the best surf wax ever! It's all natural wax and comes in blue and pink so you can tell which wax is for cooler water (blue) and which is for warm water (pink). Because it is a big pain when you can't tell which wax is which and have to throw them all out #surferproblems. Also, check out their all natural snowboard wax.
6. A quality stand up paddle board. Have you tried Stand Up Paddle boarding yet? If not, do so immediately. It is so fun! This fast growing sport strengthens your core, connects you with the water and fine-tunes your balance. I do it any chance I get whether it be in the ocean surf, in a lagoon or on a lake. When I go, I get my boards from Legend's SUP. Use their site to shop for boards by brand, by experience, or by usage. If you have questions hit them up at (800) 515-4863. They are not a "big-box" company, they are here to help you get the products you need.
7. A bigger "fun board" to keep things interesting on smaller days. Longboards, fish and quads are all great.
8. Surf swim fins because body surfing is quite possibly the next best thing after surfing. Brands? I have Duckfeet and Scott has Churchills.
9. A water proof camera. GoPro HD cameras are great for recording action in and out of the water. The footage is so quality you can hardly believe they only cost $230. Check out my summer GoPro video here. I have had mine for 3 years and use it all the time.
10. Rehydrating skin care products. I use many of the Image skin care products, especially their Ormedics line. It's the best of both worlds, I feel, because it is organic ingredients combined with medical effectiveness. This is something I value since I like organic products, but need something that can keep my combination skin under control. Eminence is another great organic brand of skin care products.
I hope this helps you get ready for summer. Yew! It's basically here.